Part 2 in the series is From Language Access to Language Justice – Fostering Equity for Latinos in the Justice System, which will be presented via Zoom on November 15, 2022 at 11:00 AM CT.
In this English-Spanish bilingual program, language access experts will present information and lead a discussion with attorneys and legal practitioners about:
- Basic Concepts, legal mandates involving language access, and language justice principles
- Best practices to ensure the use of qualified interpreters and translators in various legal contexts, such as housing, employment, domestic violence, and criminal justice matters
- Practical tips to strengthen cultural competency, avoid common pitfalls, and advocate for fair and effective language rights
- Resources regarding language access in technology and other legal services.
Full Series Information:
- Part 1: Workplace Language and Accent Discrimination Issues
- Part 2: From Language Access to Language Justice – Fostering Equity for Latinos in the Justice System: 11/15 @ 12:00pm ET
- Part 3: Helping Lawyers with Clients, Witnesses, and Others Whose Primary or Exclusive Language is Spanish.